- Motorway Direct Plc
Vehicle Technician Technical Claim Handler
Vehicle Technician / Service Advisor – Motor Warranty Claims Handler
Based in Sheffield, we are a leading provider of quality insurance products. We operate under several quality brands, one of which is the well-known and highly respected AA Warranty. We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time post within our Claims Department.
We require an individual with a background in motor vehicle maintenance/repairs with technical motor engineering qualifications. The applicant must have the highest professional standards and excellent customer communications skills in order to fill this challenging and rewarding role.
This role is seen as a perfect fit for those who wish to use their technical skills and knowledge in an office environment. Ideal candidates may well come from service receptionist/workshop controller positions.
While insurance claims experience would be useful, it is not essential.
This is a demanding and complex role in a high achieving team. It is essential that all applicants possess:
- A thorough understanding of motor vehicle maintenance
- excellent communication and customer service skills;
- a professional and courteous manner;
- exceed expectations when working under pressure;
- excellent time management skills;
- enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new skills;
- Excel when working alone as well as part of a team;
- The ability to achieve both individual and departmental performance criteria as set out by the business.
Being the policyholder’s first contact, you will:
- treat the customer fairly at all times;
- assist them with the completion of their claim, from us receiving the first call through to the claim’s final settlement;
- gather and record accurately and efficiently all relevant information, whether presented or asked for;
- determine the right course of action to facilitate accurate claims settlement;
- liaise with repairing garages/parts specialists to assist the policyholder in sourcing a quality and timely repair while keeping costs to a minimum;
- keep the policyholder fully informed of progress until completion of the claim.
Hours of work:
Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
£20,250 per annum rising to £20,750 on completion of probationary period
Those wishing to apply should email their CV, with a covering letter, to: